DOM - Document Object Model
- a platform- and language-neutral standard API (Applications
for manipulating XML (and HTML) document trees.
Ideal for scripting languages, e.g. ECMAScript.
Defined in Levels:
Status: W3C working at Level 2
- Level 0: existing functions known from browser scripting languages
- Level 1: functionality for document navigation and manipulation (the "core")
- Level 2: adds style sheet model, filters, event model, namespace support
- Level 3: adds loading and saving, DTDs, schemas, document views and formatting
SAX - Simple API for XML
- event-based (parsing events reported to application through callback).
Allows "lazy" construction of XML tree.
[more info: www.w3.org/DOM, www.megginson.com/SAX,